Daily current affairs 17 June 2016 included international, national, sports, science, business and banking related important current affairs provides for all competition candidates
International Current Affairs 17 June 2016-
- Margaret Atwood (Canadian poet) and novelist awarded PEN Pinter Prize of 2016, Margaret Atwood shortlisted for the Booker Prize five times, winning once for her novel The Blind Assassin.
- Fiji’s Peter Thomson elected as President of United Nations General Assembly for 71st session.
- Florida Stongate first US bank to use credit cards issued in Cuba. This card Cuban Americans spent 10 percent on the dollar will help to avoid penalties.
National Current Affairs 17 June 2016-
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) commissioned 195 megawatt (MW) unit at Muzaffarpur thermal power station in Bihar. It is a Public Sector Power equipment manufacturer.
- The Maharashtra Government decided to use plastic waste to build roads. Problem of disposal of plastic waste in India’s urban areas and problem may be solving.
- Niraj Mittal appointed as the Managing Director and Head of Institutional Banking of DBS Bank Indi. It is a Singaporean multinational banking and financial services company and earlier known as The Development Bank of Singapore Limited.
- Central government launches Vidyanjali Mobile App for unconstrained work at government schools.
- Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal launched Surya Mitra Mobile App, its approach shall enhance the employment of trained youth in solar PV technology.
- African country Ivory Coast President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the highest civilian honor. Be known that the world’s largest cocoa producer Ivory Coast wants to cooperate with India in its refining and processing. It’s the use of cocoa in chocolate.
- Draft National Water Framework Bill, 2016 released; purpose of the act is protection, conservation, and management of water as a vital and effect natural resource.
- Supriya Sahu appointed as Director General of Doordarshan. She is a Senior IAS officer.
- Ramayana and Krishna Darshan Yojana approved under Swadesh Darshan Scheme under Ramayana Circuit, 11 destinations spread across 6 states and Under Krishna circuit 12 destinations spread across 5 states are proposed.
Business / Banking Current Affairs 17June 2016-
- Sunil Bharti Mittal appointed as the Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). The ICC is the world’s largest business organization, its headquarters are located in Paris France.
Sports Current Affairs 17 June 2016-
- Syed Nimuddin prior coach of the Indian football team nominated for Mohan Bagan Ratna and he is the only one of the player which won the Arjuna and Dronacharya awards.
Environment / Science Current Affairs 17 June 2016-
- Bramble Cay melomys is the first mammal which declared napoo due to human climate change.
- The most powerful nuclear icebreaker dubbed launched by Russia which is the name of Arktika.