Daily current affairs 26 July 2016 included international, national, sports, science, business and banking related important current affairs provides for all competition candidates.
International Current Affairs 26 July 2016-
- Swedish mobile telecoms maker Ericsson’s Chief Executive Officer Hans Vestberg resigned.
National Current Affairs 26 July 2016-
- The Lok Sabha passed the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2016, this bill related to set up six new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in Tirupati, Palakkad, Goa, Dharwad, Bhilai, and Jammu.
- Brahmaputra Valley Film Festival 2016 begins in Guwahati.
- Bappi Lahiri conferred Mahanayak Samman of West Bengal, Mahanayak Samman award is given in memory of Bengali matinee idol Uttam Kumar.
- Kerala Tourism two Gold Awards at PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association) awards.
- ITC appointed as Sanjeev puri as a chief operating officer (CEO).
- China unveils world’s largest amphibious (both land and water) aircraft which is used to fight forest fires and perform marine rescues.
- First female violinist to get Sangita Kalanidhi award given Violinist A Kanyakumari.
Sports Current Affairs 26 July 2016-
- Hungarian Grand Prix Formula One World Champion Lewis Hamilton won the race.
Business/banking Current Affairs 26 July 2016-
- ICICI Bank and Axis Bank are the first Indian banks to sign up for Swift’s global payments innovation initiative.
- RBI imposes penalty of Rs 5 cr on BoB because opening several accounts without KYC norms.
- US telecom company Verizon Wireless Communications acquired Yahoo. Yahoo acquired by Verizon for $ 4.83 billion.
Environment/ science Current Affairs 26 July 2016-
- Solar power tree developed for generation of electricity, it’s developed by the Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI), Durgapur, a laboratory of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).